Sunday 10 June 2012

Back at the caravan - again

Back 'home' at the caravan.  The weather is sunny, windy and rainy but warm, there is masses to do and I have not even made a start. It's just too overwhelming.  I'm prevaricating like never before!

Everywhere is such a mess, so many half completed jobs and nothing cleared up.  It's getting me down.  The game birds have returned but they run back across the neighbour's garden whenever I get the camera out, obviously they're not the Kim Kardashian of the bird world!

On Friday I nearly killed myself at the car wash by putting the pressure hose on the wrong setting, I was almost lifted into the air before I sorted it out but it was still a scarey experience.  I had a chat at the Mairie about lighting bonfires.  It's illegal after 1 June but the woman at the Town Hall told me that she lights them anyway and then finished with 'I didn't tell you that'.  So I came home and lit an illegal fire and then stepped on a nail, hopped around the garden a bit and swore a lot.  The architect, due at 10, arrived at 11.40 just to do some measuring up.  I spent the rest of the day making a start on tidying up the crap which is taking over the garden.  The cool weather confused me into thinking I'd be all right but I managed to get pretty sunburnt in just a couple of hours.

A glowing pink!

I tidied myself up and went to an exposition by local producers.  Lots of cows and horses and stuff.

Lovely sheepdogs!!

Clever sculpture from an old barrel
  1. 
    The river looked lovely

I didn't stay for the food and drink bit as I felt a bit of a Nobby No Mates on my own so went home to sort out the dustbins.

Saturday morning I set out to find a quarry, which I did, although unsurprisingly it was closed.  Then I visited the Ste Foy market and popped in for a chat with Mme B. The atmosphere with the other neighbour is distinctly frosty because [according to Mme B, who gets in from her gardener] I have upset him by doing 2 things.  One, cutting the grass near his boundary which sends grass cuttings onto his garden (?????) and two, letting Darren have a bonfire on a windy day, the odour of which upset them.  Great!  I'm just in the mood for a fight!!  Honestly, we moved to the country to get away from this sort of crap and it's pretty upsetting.

Spent a couple of hours tidying up a bit of the garden and moving subsoil onto the area which will be the boules court one day.  Then sulked in the caravan, brooding on the problem of the neighbour.  It's like living next door to my father, bloody miserable!

Still, in the scale of human suffering, it's not important, Wales is underwater, Scotland has legionnaires disease, France has French people.   Luckily I had investigated Le Terroir earlier. That's the shop at the end of our road which sells wine and all related stuff [i.e. glasses, corkscrews and food to eat with wine] and discovered an exquisite rosé - not cheap, but who cares?  I ate biltong, drank the rosé and decided I just don't care about the neighbours.  Actually after the bottle of rosé, I wasn't too bothered about Wales or Scotland either! 

The good news is that the rosé is fabulous, the bad news is that Le Terroir is closed til Tuesday.

The good news is that I have the Internet [ie Skype etc], the bad news is that there's no-one on the othe end...............

Good news about my life this week is that nothing has burnt down, none of my family nor friends [all of whom are a constant source of support to me] are ill or in difficulties.  The bad news is that all of aforementioned friends and family are scattered throughout the world and I miss them so much.

Next week will be better [I am not sure whether this is a question, a statement or a plea to a higher order].

2 comments:

  1. grass clippings onto one's garden can upset people? Weird!!!! I love that picture of you.... you still look the same Annie...haven't changed a bit. That picture of the horse and river are lovely... what a beautiful area you live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lana, love to you all. When are you going to Canada? xxxxxxx

      Delete