Wednesday 1 August 2012

Second half of July

Sunday 22nd saw Chris head for the airport and Lew arrive.  For half an hour we sat and chatted and had a beer and then Chris headed home [allegedly, but in fact he headed off to Paris where he spent the next 24 hours waiting for his plane to be repaired, poor chap].

The week with Lew passed slowly in some ways and whizzed past in others.  Some visiting to admire the local architecture, a lovely lunch with Tim and Teresa but mainly sitting in the garden marvelling at just how hot 38C can be!!


I threw my toys out of the pram in Jardiland and got a refund for the strimmer which they had had for 6 weeks for repair, only to find that it still didn't work.  Ian did some work in the garden.  Lew repaired the shower tray with some stuff that looks like someone did something disgusting in it.  Now I've just got to make sure Chris has very quick showers so he doesn't weigh it down til it cracks again.

The plumbing thingy got carried away, as always, and I splashed out on new taps and shower for the bathroom, they also repaired both leaking taps in the caravan.  It all feels incredibly luxurious, things work properly now.

After a lot of begging from me, the chap from Veolia finally agreed to sign off the microstation if Darren makes a few changes.  Darren was supposed to come Thursday afternoon but didn't and then he said he'd come Friday morning but still hadn't turned up by the time we left for the airport.


We left the house after a storm and there was still rain to come but by the time we had got to Le Mouchic, a couple of hours away, the weather was glorious.  Lew and I had a very long, lazy lunch overlooking the lake and then headed back to the airport.  The traffic was horrendous - Friday afternoon - and some of the worst driving I've seen for a while knocked my confidence somewhat.  Despite a couple of wrong turns and driving 3 times around LeClerc's car park trying to find the exit, we managed to have quite a fun time [although Lew might say different].

Anyway I finally made it to the airport and dropped Lew off.  I had booked into a surprisingly nice [for the price] hotel

Twenty four hours later I flew to Gatwick to be met by Glynn in his new car.  I spent a short time with Kerry and Beth while Glynn was in the States and had a wonderful rest.  I managed to buy loads more green manure and even a bottle of something which assures me that it will kill brambles and ivy- we'll see.
Meeting Beth from nursery - she's practically galloping along now!
The journey home should have been glorious, the sunset was fantastic but unfortunately there was a long detour due to road works so it was dark by the time I got home and fell into bed.  I'll be alone for two weeks and actually looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment