Sunday 2 September 2012

A quiet weekend

Saturday dawned cold but luckily I was under 2 duvets.  I went to the market in Ste Foy and then did some food shopping.  By the time I got home Darren had arrived to do the steps.  I finally started to tackle clearing out all the crap in the house.  I decided to ignore the loft space, as there is still insulation around the pipes so started on the upper floor. 

Unfortunately Chris had used all the face masks so I spent an hour or so without one.  But then Darren suggested very strongly that I go and buy some more [by which time I was already coughing somewhat].  I completed the lifting of the carpet, which I cut up and through the hole in the floor of the loft space so it took up the entire kitchen.  I lifted the laminate and left it in a pile because, although it was only 2.30 I was starting to feel grim.  Another hour in the orchard, building piles of hardcore, bonfire material and horse shit. But at least I could breathe.

A cold north wind meant that the hammock was less than appealing so I snuggled in the caravan and did some reading.  The weather is due to get considerably warmer over the next few days.

A little gadget Chris ordered has arrived from Amazon.  It enables me to play my iPod in the car.  Great!!!!!

The cough and uncomfortable feeling continued.  I tried to have an early night but couldn't breathe so sleep was difficult to find....

Another cool night but things are improving, it's definitely getting warmer again.  More work on Sunday clearing the house and garden, nothing exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment