Monday 10 September 2012

The Hunting Season begins

Wed:  too busy working in the house and garden to go out even for a few minutes.  So tinned and dried food today.  Drank gallons of iced tea during the day, peeing every 20 minutes all day. Haven't spoken to anyone else for over 24 hours and don't care terribly.  I know that if I had lived a couple of hundred years ago I would have been a prime candidate for a witch but I'm getting used to being on my own with my organic gardening and my little caravan [probably going back to my Irish roots!![.

For some reason, probably related to lack of human contact and increasing pain from arthritis, I read a report about drinking alcohol, couldn't believe that I am so continuously over the recommended limit.  I am obviously an alcoholic.  In fact, an arthritic alcoholic.  An early night beckoned but I had to keep researching. After hours of research, I acknowledge that I am on the cusp of serious liver damage.  I must try and remember to write my will tomorrow, painful fingers permitting.

Thurs:  took the day off from manual labour, went to the Mairie, Veolia, shopping, lounged in hammock and pool.  Didn't have any alcohol.  Early night.

Friday:  Finished working in the house by 11 and headed off to try and find a cure for the yellow leaves on my lavatera.  Bought some cheap plastic shelving and had lunch in a restaurant.  Hammock and pool again - very hot - 32C!

Sat:  Market, shopping, work in the house, hammock and pool.  A routine developing!!  Getting pretty bored now.

I made a drink from parsley, which is meant to assist arthritis.  It is truly awful.  Also haven't touched alcohol for 3 days, just to prove that I can.  I'll have to find another substitute which tastes better than the parsley thing.

Sun: not a good night's sleep, partly due to the frequent need to pee, probably due to the parsely drink.  Woke to the sound of the nearby hunt, shots followed sometimes by a fluttering and chattering of unhappy birds.  An unexpectedly cloudy day.  Later as the shots continued and moved across the countryside I assumed that the hunters were after wild boar and venison.

I drank another cup of parsley and decided that perhaps arthritis is better than that.........  The sun came out in the afternoon so, after some chores, it was time for the hammock and pool again.  I decided to have a couple of glasses of wine to finish off the weekend.

Lynne's arriving tomorrow, I need some company!

No comments:

Post a Comment