Tuesday 4 September 2012

La Rentree

Monday was a frustrating day, hours spent trying to get hold of people, such as the guy fromVeolia who has to give us a certificate for the microstation.  [Is it like a dog show where you get a certificate for 'Best in Class' or 'Dog most like its owner' or rather like a ballet festival where you just get a percentage and a couple of comments like 'legs could have been straighter' or 'should turn out more from the hips'].  God, I think my brain has finally gone completely haywire!!

Anyway, after a fruitless morning chasing the plumber and Veolia guy and doing a mammoth wash whilst explaining to several people how the laundrette works, I went to the Mairie to try and get a receipt for the Declaration lodged a week ago.  The Maire's wife, who is the chicky in charge there hasn't got around to it yet because she has been sidetracked by things like organising the bus routes for the primary schools in the area - schools go back this week - so after some time reading my Kindle in her office I decided that strategic withdrawal was the best option.

Kate phoned to tell me she'd had a fab weekend.  Rianna had joined Coldplay on stage and Nico's sister had obligingly given birth just a few hours before the concert so they could see the baby before seeing Coldplay.

At home I continued with the removal of carpets and laminate from the top floor, moved some more stones around, picked even more blackberries and researched the beneficial effects of rosehips on arthritis [3 times better than panadol, apparently].

The weather has warmed up and at last I had a warm night.  Today was the first day of the gratuated return to school [la rentree] so Darren was late as he had to take his son to his new senior school.   I made several trips to the Dechetterie to get rid of loads of dirty, musty, unwanted stuff.  I met up with a garden company to talk about rotavating the orchard and then spent some more time moving stones. Despite the perfect weather for gardening, I really had to go and work in the house and start some clearing up.  Then a French artisan came to have a look at what needs doing so he can prepare some estimates.

I deserved my big dinner and a couple of beers tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to all the people who have tried to post comments unsuccessfully. I don't understand it either.

    ReplyDelete