Sunday 16 September 2012

The promised hot sunny day didn't materialise so I took myself off to the laundrette, on the basis that I might as well be fed up and warm instead of fed up and cold.  It's not actually that cold 24c, I'm just making a fuss!

Darren started the screed on the path but could only do less than 50% because the shop didn't have enough in stock.  He's going to Monpon to buy more on Monday and will finish it on Tuesday.  He'll also bring the last of the top soil.

He solved the mystery of where the bats are roosting.  They are actually living on the outside of the shutters, which have been permanently open this summer, providing a nice dark cool space between them and the walls.  So the shutters will have to be closed every night from now on.

The remaining skip is preventing all sorts of things getting finished and it's frustrating so I decided to have a day off and do the houseworky stuff and cook myself a decent meal.

Had a lovely chat with Beth, and then Kate and then Chris. 

Duck and red wine, 2 white chocolate Magnums and an early night but just couldn't sleep.  Thoughts were whizzing around my head!  Such a waste of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment